Thursday, October 11, 2012

NO MORE BREAKS!


Site of many cocktails...
 We had a really nice trip to Yosemite last weekend.  It's funny how we occasionally slipped into talk of the future, post-surgery me.  Partly because I spoke aloud some of my "last time" thoughts.  Last time I would be drinking a rum and tonic or having wine with dinner (for at least 6-12 months). Last time I would try the bread put on the restaurant table - maybe forever.  And next time I would be able to hike longer without my knees hurting so much.

I admit I did a couple of things this anniversary trip that I have not done in YEARS. Now - get your mind out of the bedroom and back to the table...I actually ordered lunch with the homemade potato chips!  I always order the "healthier" side dish or ask for no side dish.  But homemade potato chips with BBQ seasoning?  I went for it. Actually,  I made the server take my plate away before I would eat them all.  They were amazing!  I'm glad I ordered them because as good as they were, as memorable as they were - eating them did not set off some sort of need to have more chips.  which is good to know. 

This is something I have admired about Cammy of Tippy Toe Diet.  She makes room in her plan for "treats" and they don't trigger her to  overeat.  Seems like I may be on my way to that, too. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you're so sweet! Thank you! For what it's worth, I think--no, I *know*--you're on your way to that, too!

    ReplyDelete