Thursday, October 25, 2012

DAY THREE- POST-OP

I am on day 3 of my new tummy and switch.  I'm feeling good.  Got to shower and I have been sipping juice and Gatorade and walking around the hospital and sometimes just around my room. I am a little butt sore - more than anything else my bottom hurts from being on it so much!

I have not had any pain meds since this morning and except for achiness in my stomach and a little in my back, the pain is mild. I drank blue juice this morning to check to see if I was leaking - no leaks.  Tomorrow I will do a barium test and have an x-ray to see of my new plumbing.

Just got off the phone with my son.  He was asking me about my new tummy and what food it can tolerate and when.  The process is slow; building from liquids to soft food to mushy foods, etc.  The plus is that I don't feel hungry.  An improvement over the last month of dieting.

So I am watching the Giants winning with the sound off - Spanish announcers! and working on my needlepoint and keeping busy.  Home in 3 days!






1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm glad that things are going well. I'm looking forward to reading about your progression through foods and when you start exercise again (with doctor's approval, of course).

    ReplyDelete