Monday, October 22, 2012

HOLA!

I am here in Mexicali Mexico, sitting in a very nice hotel room with CNN on the TV so I can watch the debate!

I flew to San Diego this morning from San Francisco - it was pouring rain, the first of the season.  It created some challenges, but I made it to the flight on time.  I was worried that things were off to a bad start when my credit card was turned down at the check-in counter.  (Of course I only brought one with me so I am going to have to call the bank when I have cell service,)  I got on board and found the flight full except for the seat next to me - hurrah.  I could put the divider up and be comfy without upsetting someone with taking up more than my fair share of space...

I had my pre-op tests at the hospital, met the 2 surgeons and got the news that I could eat dinner.  I was shocked!  They seemed a bit surprised I was sent a liquid diet to follow this week.  Oh, well.

So I had 1/2 a very tasty hamburger with mushrooms and 4 french fries.  Whoo hoo.

These are some photos of the hotel:

 Pretty tile in the bathroom.
 This is what they brought for turndown!
I will probably be out of it for a day or two before I report in from the hospital, and I promise not to take pictures of my incisions!!

3 comments: