Wednesday, January 23, 2013

AN OLD LOVE IS BACK IN THE DIET

One of the many things I did to prepare for my weight loss surgery was to get off the prescription drugs I had been taking for atypical migraine and for high blood pressure.  Those medications restricted me from eating grapefruit - which I have always adored.  So for about 13 years I have not had grapefruit - until today. 

I was in the produce section of the store and saw these little cartons of red grapefruit (unsweetened) and it suddenly came to me that I could eat it again!  I bought one little container to see how I tolerated it, and it was heaven.  I thought about it all day and stopped on the way home and bought a big container - equivalent to 10 grapefruits. 

I just had some more for dessert!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I envy you. I haven't' had grapefruit in years either thanks to cholesterol medication.

    ReplyDelete