Friday, January 18, 2013

MEDICAL STUFF


13 of these!
 My company switched back to Kaiser insurance and I signed up for a new doctor.  I couldn't believe my luck that among the 5 or 6 doctors taking new patients there was Dr. Vij - who specializes in obesity and nutrition!  I had my first appointment with him to see if he would do my periodic labs (every 3 months the first year for post -op weight loss surgery patients who have done the malabsorptive component.) I am 3 months post-op as of Wednesday!

He was great.  Understanding, knowledgeable and helpful.  He understood about the labs and was just wondering why I had gone to Mexico for Bariatric Surgery when Kaiser does it.  What?  I had been told for years by 2 different doctors that Kaiser didn't do weight loss surgery only "patient education" and liquid diet plans that aren't covered by any plans.  He was amazed and looked to see who my previous docs were - wonder if he will say something to them?

Anyway, had my blood drawn this morning - 13 vials of it. I had a student doing the draw.  He got quite a work out!  Results soon - looking forward to seeing if I am holding my own, nutrition wise.

1 comment: