Monday, February 7, 2011

A NEW START


What is it about being given a new chance, a change, that gets us all revved up and making resolutions?  I have not been posting because I have been  living in such a misery of financial issues and  the stress of job hunting, interviewing, waiting, worrying.  Letting myself down by overeating and not exercising even though I know it is counterproductive.

I finally got a job offer - or at least a "two week trial" for a full time position.  The uncertainty of it and our financial need made it clear I would keep the weekend job - so I would be commuting to the one position 5 days a week, keeping me away from home from 7 am until 5:45 pm.  and then working 3-11 on Saturday and Sunday. 

This weekend I had committed to work from noon until 11 to help a coworker.  I was a bit sorry when I saw that the weather was supposed to be (and was) beautiful and warm - but when I added that to having worked at the new job and going back out on Monday morning at 7 am I was worried about being at my best.

But when I came to work at the hotel I was offered a full time job - someone had given notice!  While there are some pluses to the other job - the commute is such a huge negative (and the fact that it shuts me out from working with my sister in the staging business for extra income,) really makes it no contest.  So I am going to be able to finally have a full time job with benefits with time to do other things, like go to the gym and see people and have flexibility.

So I am looking out at the lovely day  and thinking of all the things I will be able to do in the days to come - promising that I will actually do them and not get caught up in misery and depression and let time go by - not let time be wasted. 

2 comments:

  1. Such great news about the job! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the new job and more time for you! Best wishes on the transition and take care of yourself.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete