Monday, February 21, 2011

BUILDING A ROUTINE

I finally updated my statistics to show my yo-yo activity of the past few months.  I hated putting a gain for December because I had started off so strong and had been losing until the end of the month when it all reversed! 

Working 5 days a week is really helping me stay on track.  I have breakfast and a good sized lunch and then pack my dinner to take with me to work at 3.  This keeps me out of the kitchen during the hours I am most likely to snack and otherwise run my calories up.  I have gotten past feeling hungry when I get home after 11 by breaking my dinner into 2 parts and having the second part around 8 pm.  Then when I get home a cup of tea is enough to help me relax before bed. 

Lately I have been relying on the "protein pretzels" from Lifestyle for part of my dinner.  I can dip them into hummus or eat them with some string cheese or Laughing Cow soft cheese.  I have a couple of carrots and celery sticks and a little tomato and I am full.  My second dinner break favorite has been 1/2 cup each of strawberries and vanilla Greek yogurt -   kind of like a dessert.

I have been managing my calories at 1200-1350, and I am back to losing 2 pounds a week.  Next step is to up the exercise intensity and hope my knees continue to feel strong.

Plus, 2 more days and I get a manicure!

5 comments:

  1. Protein pretzels? Must check them out. Glad to hear you are back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two pounds/week is fantastic!

    Don't forget to do at least a waist measurement (lesson from someone else working on 150 pounds loss) because sometimes long plateaus happen but inches will be dropping away. I lost 2 sizes when the scale only showed a 4 pound loss.

    Can't wait to see the color you choose for your manicure.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you come up with plans like this. Your evening meal sounds yummy. Great job on the recent weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for finding your groove! (Not that I ever doubted you would!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go you! I think things are much easier with a schedule, too. My dieting win this week was not gaining any weight on a 6-day trip where I had no kitchen.

    ReplyDelete