Wednesday, April 24, 2013

6 MONTHS SINCE SURGERY - LABS

I am now at 6 months post op from my BPD-DS surgery.  I am not sure of my weight today.  I was last on the scale 4 days ago and was holding at 103 pounds gone. Weight loss has seriously sloooowed down.

On Tuesday they took 10 vials of blood for my 6 month labs.  The results so far are all excellent. My potassium supplement is working and my Folic Acid went way up, so the added B vits are working, too. I have stuck with my chewables and am not having any stomach upsets as long as I am careful to drink lots of water with the potassium.

Eating is getting easier.  I am much better at judging my capacity, though tonight we went out to celebrate my new job and I ate about 2 bites too many.  I knew it and ate it anyway.  Sigh.  I need to listen to myself and not be so concerned with "wasting" food in restaurants.  Anyway, it was delicious pancetta wrapped shrimp which was char grilled and taking 1 shrimp home would have been a better choice than the upset stomach I have now had for 2 hours!

My new job keeps me very busy and so it is going to be more of a challenge to eat during the day.  I am sure I will get a new routine  down with time.  I do think I will need to eat my solid breakfast at home and drink my protein drink at work.

Exercise is going well.  Still 3-4 trips to the gym and at least one bike outing each week.


1 comment: