Monday, May 7, 2012

PRETTY MUCH PLAIN VANILLA - YUM

A couple of years ago  frozen yogurt places started popping up all over the place.  At the time I just didn't "bite."  I'm not sure why.  Way back in the '80's before Tom and I were married we frequently went out after dinner for fro yo.  Then it just went away for a long time.

This last week though,  I wanted a little something and I was tired of the Atkins bars stashed in the drawer of my desk.  I went into the yogurt place near work - Yogurtland - and found they had a no sugar added option in French Vanilla (my favorite flavor) and so I eyeballed a fist size and added some chopped almonds.  It was 6 ounces total and it was good.

 When I got back to work I went on their website and was delighted to see that 4 oz was just 80 calories - so I think the yogurt was probably 5 oz and the nuts 1 oz.  That adds up to less than one of my Atkins bars! 

However,  there was only one no-sugar added flavor available and  they change the flavors frequently; so I can't count on there being a friendly flavor everytime, so I will have to be willing to walk away!

Could you?  Do you FroYo?

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing! When I go in those places I load up on all sorts of "off plan" toppings. So I avoid going:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I fro-yo? Puh-leeze. :)

    I'm actually thinking of going for some this afternoon, only if I complete a couple of chores and my second workout. It's a healthy-ish treat, and besides, it's 2-punch Tuesday on my Sweet CeCe's card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, just found your blog via your comment on Cammy's site. LOVE it...look forward to reading your past posts. Have a wonderful Tuesday (and yay for Fro Yo)

    ReplyDelete