Thursday, March 24, 2011

WILL POWER IN A MINE FIELD

What is there to say?  Yo Yo Me here.  Although when I got on the scale at the gym on Sunday and saw the upwards creep I was shocked and have been on track since.  I also had occasion to put on the old vest they gave me when I started my job in November and I can't button it.  Yikes.  So then I measured myself and I am many inches larger than I was in early November. 

Not good.  Not the direction I want to be going.  No, no, no.

I could do a show and tell ( but I won't because running around the lobby and office with a camera would be frowned upon) of all the temptations I am surrounded by every night I work and you would understand.  Bowls of candy, trays of pastries and cookie jars which I must keep stocked also popcorn and these amazing flavored peanuts in the bar.  And yes, there are bowls of fruit, too. 

I bring my nice healthy dinner each night and drink lots of water and green tea.  The majority of the time I am not tempted.  I am busy or  good at distracting myself.  It is just those nights that I slip, I can't even say what it is that happens or why some times I am just so hungry and nothing fills me up.

I have always had extraordinary "will power."  I realize at some point after the summer I just stopped having the will.  Now I need to summon it up again.  Times are tough but I need to get tougher!

5 comments:

  1. If anyone can do it, it's YOU! That's a lot of temptation, and I'm impressed that it's not an every night kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how weight/fat gain can creep up on one so easily, but weight/fat loss is never easy!

    It was good to see your blog pop back up on my Google Reader. I need to add your other blog so I realize you haven't gone MIA.

    Hang in there with us.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you read MizFit's post about willingness instead of willpower? I know I was not the only one struck by it since I saw it mentioned on many blogs. I'd be so frustrated surrounded by all that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is where WW helps--eat something every day, but put it into your plan. I eat one Hershey Nugget each night and it really helps (though it also helps that I have my husband hide the bag and just dole me out the one (or two) a night.

    That is a lot of temptation for sure.

    ReplyDelete