Thursday, January 6, 2011

PLAN FOR ANOTHER DAY

I am a person who plans things out.  Especially when it comes to my time,  I look at the week ahead of me and take in many factors and map it out.  Tom has been met with the "fish eye" on more than one occasion when he mentioned the night before that he wanted to use my car the next day - because, of course, I would have planned my week differently if I had known I would be saddled with the biggest truck in the world on any given day.  I pretty much stay home when I have that vehicle at my disposal...

We have been having lousy weather (for NorCal anyway) for a few months. ( I know, I have turned into a whiner about it.)  So when it was forecast that today was going to be the nicest, warmest, sunniest day of this week - I planned around it.  I have to plant 6 big flower pots for our home staging job on Friday, some other outdoor chores and poor Hilda has not been out for a walk in ages (her bad back does poorly in the cold); then there is that new resolution and pedometer.


A younger, more spry version of Hilda!
 Today dawned as frosty and foggy as the other days this week but I was hopeful that the sun would indeed come out.  Hoping, hoping, piling on layers of clothing, hoping...the sun finally peeked through at about 2:30.  I went out to plant but I kept having to come inside to warm my hands and there was no way I could take little Hilda out when the temperature is 43 degrees rather than the promised 60 degrees.

So it has been a day of frustrations, fits and starts on my to-do list.  I have only managed 5500 steps so I am going to have to get out on my own and hope that there is a warmer day before the rain starts so Hilda can trot along with me.

2 comments:

  1. My sister in planning! At least, in planning around the weather. All week long I've planned for a sunny and mild Friday. Today they changed the forecast to cloudy. Still mild, but I was counting on the sunshine to warm me up on the inside!

    I'm immediately smitten with Hilda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. Back in the SAHM days I would get really annoyed if my husband decided to stay home at the last minute. I didn't necessarily MIND it, I just didn't expect it.

    ReplyDelete