Monday, January 3, 2011

NEW YEAR - NEW NUMBERS ON THE SCALE

I think I mentioned on my other blog that there was one of those gift exchanges at work where you could pick a gift or "steal" one from someone else.  The manager bought all the gifts and there was a wide array of things.  I was up second and pulled out a 15 pound box of See's Candy!  I knew I would not be going home with that - but what I did end up going home with was a scale!

Now it may seem odd that I do not already own a scale, but the one I had for years wound up in the garage for weighing eBay packages and then...well, I don't know what happened to it.  I always weigh in at the gym, on the same scale.  I found out that different scales at the gym weigh me differently - so I always stick with the one scale.  I weigh with my shoes on at the end of my work-out.  I have no idea if this is the ideal time to find out my weight - I am more interested in downward movement of the number than the number itself.

So the new home scale is very fancy.  It allegedly does body analysis in addition to weight.  All I know is the first time I stepped on the scale I had suddenly  achieved the weight I was in my 20's!  I thought "well this scale certainly needs an adjustment" and then I saw the little kg on the readout.  Oh.  Metric weight.  I ran downstairs to google the conversion and was happy that it showed I was in the range I expected. 

But now no amount of manual reading and button pushing will change the damn thing over to pounds and I doubt that I am going to learn the metric system at this point of my life!  I may as well put this one in the garage, too.

3 comments:

  1. Don't give up! What brand/model is it? I'll bet we can figure it out. We has the internets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in luck... if you are lucky! Both Cammy and I are giving away scales this week! My post will be Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you do the conversion on your cell phone calculator? If you just used 2.2 for lbs. that would probably be close enough.

    ReplyDelete