Monday, February 4, 2013

BRA SHOPPING - I DIDN'T NEED TO SEE THAT

For the past month or so I have put off shopping for new bras.  As we know, gaining and losing weight are bra shopping occasions and I have lost a lot of boobage.

I went out this weekend and was professionally measured.  My bra size didn't change all that much, but I was probably wearing them too small in the first place.  I tried on about 15 bras at Penny's and not one fit.  I went down the mall to Lane Bryant and tried about 7 more.  None fit.

I was a distressed and sweaty person so I went home.

The reality is this.  I have a lot of loose, saggy skin hanging around my armpits. It needs to be contained.  And those padded, push up bras make my breasts look puckery.  Not a good look.  I like a simple, unpadded bra.  I don't care if my nipples might show.  When did everyone get all weird about nipples?

I was disheartened and tried to explain to my husband why I came home in such a state.  He was really sorry he asked.  He didn't want to think about the saggy, armpit skin thing.  Ever.

I braved another shopping trip this evening and got lucky at Kohls.  The key to dealing with sudden weight loss saggy stuff is an Olga bra. There were several of them that fit very well and managed to manage the flesh.  Plus they were BOGO1/2 off.  Nice since I suspect I'll need new ones again in a couple of months.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. Bra shopping with the "extra" bits isn't fun. Good for you for taking a step back and then trying again.

    ReplyDelete