Monday, July 18, 2011

I EAT TOO MUCH - PART 102

I seem to have lost my blogging mojo when it comes to my dieting life.  I feel like all I do is come up with a new plan and then fall off and then avoid posting so I am not just going on and on about my stress and other issues which I seem to be powerless over.  I am told that I internalize everything that is going on in my life and then it turns around and comes out in rashes and overeating and insomnia and even, lately, in spending money I don't have.

So - blah-blah, me-me-me, stressity-stress, eat-eat.

I will say that I have made some improvements on my overeating, at least.  I am overeating fairly healthy foods.  I have been making chocolate covered almonds with dark chocolate* , very lightly covered with dark chocolate.  I only had one round with some nicely dense whole grain bread and then refrained from buying that again!  I am eating a LOT of fruit, especially watermelon, blueberries and apricots.  Oh, and Golden brand Zucchini Pancakes.  Very tasty and low cal and better than the ones I tried to make myself.  I have only had beef once and chicken twice since I last posted.  I found a lot of recipes using beans in things and have come up with some salad combinations of whole wheat pasta, beans and greens which is a good protein combination. 

I finally got the nerve to weigh myself and I am up 10 pounds from the last time I had the nerve to weigh myself in April.  That makes me about 23 pounds up from my lowest weight last summer.  Few of the clothes I kept from last summer fit me well but I have resisted buying more than a couple of tops. 

So that is the update.  The food is healthier, the amounts must come down.  A work in progress.




* Melt Dark Chocolate Chips in the microwave (about 1 minute on high) and mix in toasted almonds.  (I buy raw almonds and toast them in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.)  Stir until covered and then turn out on a waxed paper covered cookie sheet.  Put in frig until completely cooled, then break into pieces and store in frig or cool spot.  Figure your calories based on the amounts of chocolate and almonds you use.  From there you need to estimate your serving size.

1 comment:

  1. Don't underestimate the impact of stress on weight loss/gain, metabolism, hormonal influences (such things as corticosteroid production and insulin response)! Not to give you excuses but to help you realize that coping with stress might be an important part of weight loss (and ultimate health) for you. It certainly has been for me. (Says the uptight, Type A personality who has only learned to unwind very recently.)
    Jan

    ReplyDelete