Monday, October 31, 2011

FLAT ON MY BACK

Too bad I can't work in this position!
Today was the first day I have been out of my house in 6 days.  Eight days ago I woke up with spasms in my lower back which evolved into sciatic pain.  I tried to just work through it - but gave in and took to the couch with a fist full of drugs.

This is the first time since 1995, when I injured a disk, that I have had a recurrence of the sciatica.  It was different this time which is why I thought I could just work it out...I suspect I made it worse. I am back at work today.  A bit hunched over and trying to find good positions to stand and sit throughout my shift.  The doc said it will take a couple of weeks before they will consider the next level of treatment, which is steroids.  I didn't need them last time, I hope I am better before then this time, too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Susan, I'm so sorry you're injured! I hope you'll feel better soon, but I think this is definitely a case where it pays to take things slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, how painful. I had an episode similar to this last spring and it was all I could do to hobble around or sit upright.

    ReplyDelete